What are the benefits of E-learning? E-learning is the preferred method of learning for many nowadays. Whether it is used exclusively or used in conjunction with a company’s in-house training to enhance the training experience, it is becoming more and more popular.
One benefit of E-learning is that it allows for a more tailored learning experience; users can search for exactly what they want, when they want, rather than spending time on training that may not be relevant to them. Another benefit of E-learning is that often it is more cost effective and cheaper than more traditional methods of training. There is no need to purchase books or pay for classes – as E-learning portals like the 365 Cloud Academy, give users 24/7 online access on a monthly subscription.
Some other benefits of E-learning are:
- Faster delivery of information – with targeted searches
- Minimisation of wasted resources – which you can encounter with printed textbooks.
- A more flexible training experience – users have the option to learn over multiple devices from multiple locations.
Most face-to-face courses are only available during normal office hours. However, E-learning can be accessed 24/7, so users are able to finish course when and where they like; ensuring that disruption is kept to a minimum.
The benefits of E-learning for Organisations:
Everyone learns differently. Some users prefer to learn outside of work, whereas others perform more effectively in an office environment. Therefore, a blended training approach with flexibility for users is key.
Some benefits of E-learning for businesses are:
- Users have the option to train alongside colleagues or independently
- Users can apply their training immediately
- Being able to access training material on multiple devices mean users can watch training videos on their phone whilst completing their task on a PC simultaneously.